The time has finally come to head out to the desert and chelllllaa it up. I'm not attending Coachella this year but I will be out in the desert attending a couple parties this weekend. The long hours plus heat and humidity can be strenuous on your skin. Check out what's in my Desert Essentials bag for this weekend.
- Sunscreen / Sun Cream: I cannot stress how important it is to wear sunscreen everyday, especially if you're gonna be having fun dancing in the desert sun. My go-to sunscreen is a THEFACESHOP Oil Control Sun Cream. What I love is that this sun cream does not smell like normal sunscreen. I hate that smell. This product also contains tea tree oil and aloe vera, both of which work wonders for your skin.
- Face Mist: In addition to protecting your skin, you've gotta keep it hydrated. I love this Thermal Spring Water from La Roche-Posay. If you haven't heard about La Roche-Posay you need to check it out. Long story short, La Roche-Posay is a protected city in France because its home to hot springs that produce this amazing thermal water which contains high levels of selenium and has been proven to heal skin disorders such as eczema and rosacea. There's even a story that Napoleon's horse who had alopecia was cured after taking a bath in one of the hot springs in La Roche Posay, France.
- Highlighter: Apparently, contour is out (however, it's still in for me) and strobing is in. My new favorite highlighter is The Estee Edit Flash Illuminator in 02 Morning Light. This highlighter when applied on your cheekbones, nose bridge and cupids bow give you such a natural looking summer glow. It applies nice and creamy and doesn't look oily throughout the day.
- Hair Repair: Every girl has been victim to split ends and the desert heat can do some big damage. I use the It's A 10 Miracle Leave-in Product daily to help repair my hair and it even adds a nice little shine.
- Chapstick: There's nothing worse then chapped or dried lips. Honestly, it's something that drives me crazy. My go-to chapstick is the original Burt's Bees. It keeps your lips moisturized, hydrated and feeling minty fresh.
- Bold / Bright Lip Color: A bold lip color is beyond appropriate for Coachella, especially cause you'll probably wanna lay off wearing a bunch of make up (face makeup melting in the heat... no bueno). Having a bold and bright lip will still make your look stand out and add a nice little pop of color. I'm obsessed with the Ciate Liquid Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick. I discovered these this past weekend at the Sephora Blogger Brunch... I mean I didn't even know Ciate made lipsticks, I thought they only made nail polishes, but I'm so glad the amazing SephoraxSantaMonice team introduced me to this. I was so surprised with how well the liquid lipstick dried and lasted. Definitely check these liquid lipsticks out.
- Powder: When you're in the heat, no matter how amazing your primer is you will get oily. I love Tarte's Smooth Operator Finishing Powder it leaves your skin feeling silky soft and keeping your makeup in place. It's perfect for in between touch ups throughout your busy festival itinerary.
- Sunglasses: Listen to me when I say this... LEAVE YOUR DESIGNER SUNNIES AT HOME. Sunglasses are a Coachella must, but there's a high chance that you'll misplace them or they will break while you're crowd surfing. So go grab a couple pairs of $15 glasses from Urban Outfitters or my fave online sunglasses retailer zeroUV (they make some awesome designer look-a likes), so you'll have choices and won't put a damper on your weekend if they break or get misplaced. Plus, $15 sunglasses are a lot easier to replace than a $400 pair. Am I right... or am I right?