ZEROUV

What I'm Thankful For...

IMG_0787.JPG
IMG_0741.JPG
IMG_0714.JPG

For those of you who've followed along on the happenings of my life this past year, you'll know it has been a rough one. I was left heartbroken, stabbed in the back, tricked, conned, bamboozled... Nonetheless, my heart is still so full and I still consider myself to be hashtag blessed. I've listed off FIVE things I'm beyond thankful for.

BOTH MY CAREERS. In addition to blogging, I have a full-time job. I'm a creative recruiter. I work with some of the biggest Fortune 500 Media and Entertainment companies and help them find talented individuals to work for them. I love it. I love the people I work with and I love that I get to find people a "home" in their professional lives. I feel fortunate enough to be doing something I love, that getting to help others find that is an incredible feeling. And of course, I'm thankful everyday to be blogging. To be able to connect with you all whether you live the city over from me or across the ocean in Asia or Europe. Blogging has opened so many doors for me professionally but it has also helped me improve as a person. It's enabled me to form connections with others, build relationships with other bloggers who are just as obsessed with makeup and fashion as I am. I've gotten to travel the world "for work" to create content for my blog. All in all I'm incredibly thankful for both my careers. 

MY HEALTH. When you're younger you never imagine you'd develop health problems/issues as you get older. A couple months ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder. I've actually lived with it all my life, but more recently its been getting more and more unmanageable. After 4 months of tests and trials, my allergist and immunologist landed on a course of treatment to help manage my condition. In addition to my autoimmune,I've started going to physical therapy twice a week to help treat and manage my scoliosis. Both these conditions require treatments involving shots and man oh man, you wanna see me go from fierce and strong to weak and cowardly... just put a needle in front of me.

MY LOVED ONES. With everything I've been through this year (and of course all the years that have come before) I'm so thankful to my support system. My girlfriends who are my sisters through thick and thin, I'm thankful that you always have my back and cheer me on in all my endeavors. Amanda, Angel, Kaisa, Michelle and Anelisse, THANK YOU. Ya'll know I wouldn't have survived the hardships of this year without you. 

MY ABILITY TO JUST PICK UP AND GO. I used to think this was me running away from my problems, but I've realized its actually me feeding my need to wander. I'm not one of those individuals that can be caged or tied down. My soul feeds off adventure and exploring new places and I'm so thankful that I'm able to do so. I'm thankful to my job which has a pretty lax time off policy and the fact that I have income to do so. 

MY LIFE. Even with all the wack shit I went through this year, I'm still thankful to be living the life that I do. I know that in my roughest moment, their are others who have it even harder than I do. Complaining and bitching about all the bad in my life is just offensive and disrespectful to those who face actual hardships in their day to day. I consider myself to be lucky that I don't have to worry about where I'm going to sleep, or where my next meal is coming from. Next time you se someone less fortunate or maybe someone having a rough day... PAY IT FORWARD. Buy the person behind you at Coffee Bean their morning coffee, or share your dinner leftovers with a homeless person. These little acts and gestures have a bigger effect than you know. 


dress: Zara "Dress with Silver Stripes" in black
boots: Marc Fisher "Alinda Over The Knee Boot" in black
sunglasses: zeroUV "Retro P3 Round Flash Color Mirror Lens Metal Sunglasses 9208" in gold midnight
belt: Gucci (borrowed from my mama) - similar here

static1.squarespace.png

12th and Fig

IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1333.jpg

My Beautycon Day 1 look. As I was getting some outfit pics in I was ambushed my a tall, foreign athlete. I'm not complaining but I wish "whoa you're tall" wasn't the only thing that came out of my mouth. LOL.

bodysuit: forever 21 "off the shoulder bodysuit" in ivory
skirt: forever 21 (sold out), similar here
shoes: dolce vita "hendrix studded sandals" in smoke suede
sunnies: zerouv "style c437-04" in blue blue
purse: rebecca minkoff "mini suki crossbody" navy is sold out, additional colors here
earrings: forever 21 "flat bottom hoop earrings" in silver
necklace: mejuri "evil eye necklace" in sterling silver

**also I've been playing around with Lightroom lately and OMG I'm obsessed.

IMG_1165.jpg
static1.squarespace.png

No Regrets

"In the end... We only regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make." — Lewis Carroll


This 4th of July weekend was more than fireworks and celebrations for me. I learned to not hold back, take high risks and act without regret. Today, Victoria also reminded me of how fleeting life truly is. No one is guaranteed anything in this life. It is your duty as a human being to live your life to the fullest extent and with zero regrets because tomorrow it could all be gone. When she told me of a tragedy that happened to a co-worker of hers over the holiday weekend it solidified to me how much you need to hold onto and fight for those you love, strive for happiness every single day and to live each day like it could be your last.

Without divulging personal details, I took a big risk this weekend and do not for one second regret it (I know I've shared a lot of personal happenings in my life with ya'll but this is something I'd rather keep to myself). In life, the outcomes that breed the biggest rewards usually come from the biggest risks. Angel reminds me of that every time we speak. Life's greatest achievement usually comes from risks and chances you were scared to make, but then you took a leap and sometimes things don't work out the way you'd hope, but other times everything you want and dream come to fruition.

I'm also reminded of this from one of my favorite quotes. "In the end... We only regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make." — Lewis Carroll. The things I was said, I was nervous, scared and wished there was an undo button. But right now I'm glad I did. I took a chance and whether or not the outcome I'm hoping for comes to light, I need to be proud of myself. I know very well there's like a 99% chance what I want won't happen, but that 1% is worth fighting for... isn't it? If you had a 1% chance of bliss would you risk 99% chance of let down... food for thought, aye?

All I can do is keep my life moving in this forward, keep a smile on my face, take risks and never regret. My instincts have got me thus far in life, I just have to trust myself that the risks I'm taking will illicit the action they're meant too.


romper: haute shop co. "lace tie front romper" in black
necklace: marida jewelry "havana choker" and "intent necklace"
bracelet: haute shop co. "pompom beaded bracelet set"
hat: whim things "felt fedora" in black
shoes: sam edelman "yumi bow block heel mule" in black

Pink, White and Blue

I'm not one of those people that goes all out for Holiday themes. I kinda think it's tacky when I see every girl on 4th of July in their red, white blue stars and striped bikinis. Like c'mon, you could do better. haha. For my 4th of July outfit this year, I decided to put a fun little spin on it and swap out the red for pink. I paired a fun and sexy dusty rose monokini from Tobi with a denim chambray and my white converse chucks for a fun and not so over saturated Holiday look. 

sunnies: zerouv "modern rimless mirrored flat aviators" style A253-01 in gold brown
swim: tobi "better off lace up monokini" in rose
shirt: nordstrom (no longer available), similar here and here
shoes: converse "chuck taylor" in white

Fashionably Forward

LA is always busy and bustling with fashionable millennials going here, there and god knows where. I mean, I have to admit... I'm probably one of them. My life has been so busy as of late. I don't remember the last time I've been able to just Netflix and chill. It's been non-stop go go go. I prefer it that way. I love that I have my life back on track—keeping busy with my 9-5 and relishing in all the amazing opportunities coming my way thanks to my blog and Whim Things.  

My friends have been encouraging me to "get back out there." Let me be clear... the last fucking thing I want is a relationship or a boyfriend. Like I said, I finally have my life back. It's mine... everything is beyond phenomenal right now. I can't have the possibility of another CS coming into my life and blowing it to kingdom come happen again. I am going out on dates and "getting my groove back" as Stella would say. But honestly it's not at all my focus. It's on the bottom of the totem pole for me. 

My focus is to keep my life on this fast paced track and excel at my new job and continue to build both my brands. I want to enjoy every moment of this new found bliss I have. I refuse to let anyone, especially a boy fuck that up. 

Because were being honest here and sharing with the class... a couple days ago I was feeling really sorry and bad for myself. Looking back on 2017, it has been an amazing year for my friends. Victoria and Moray got married earlier this month. Michelle and Ryan rang in the new year as a newly engaged couple. Amanda and Scott got engaged over their most recent European adventure. Jordan and Bryan got engaged this past weekend. A majority of my friends are hitting these beautiful life milestones and I couldn't even get someone to break up with me in person. I honestly felt like shit for a couple days until I started brainstorming this blog post.

While 2017 hasn't been an amazing year for me "relationship wise" it has been amazing for me professionally. I made a huge move to LA. Got an amazing job that I am absolutely loving. Amanda and I got Whim Things to one year and in August it'll be the two year mark for my blog. While I may have "fell short" in the relationship milestones, I excelled in the professional and career ones. I have to remind myself that there is no guidebook to life and achieving the milestones that come with living it. When my milestones are meant to happen they'll happen. For now I'm happy being one of those fashionable millennials moving forward in the fast lane. 


jacket: blanknyc "as you wish" leather jacket in black
bodysuit: tobi "cia ribbed bodysuit" in grey
skirt: bloomingdales (no longer available), similar here
booties: sam edelman (no longer available), similar here
sunnies: zerouv "retro flat lens aviators - style c402-01" in black smoke mirror
handbag: chloe "marcie medium satchel" in hollyberry
photography: Photo By Vincent

trace people